Carol singing, Nativity performances, Christmas cards… it’s all happening, it’s all happening!
Wriggly (2 years 6 months)
· You have two favourite books at the moment, one in French about animals and colours, the other one about sounds of nature.
· You have been quite poorly this month, with an ear and throat infection.
· Your sleep is not getting any better and I have spent most nights comforting you and ending up falling asleep in your bed.
· You really enjoy helping in the kitchen and we turned mini doughnuts into reindeer together last week.
· Your favourite game at the moment is pretending you are cooking. The only trouble is you really have a soft spot for realism… I found you whisking (and subsequently dropping) a lot of icing sugar (my nemesis) all over your toy kitchen. A few days later, you grabbed my cold cup of coffee and pretended making cups of tea (messy, messy).
Jumpy (4 years 1 month)
· You love teaching your little sister. One morning, you had lots of coins out and you were trying to teach her which ones were smaller and which ones were bigger.
· At preschool, you have been exploring the theme of light and darkness and it fascinates you. “Look what happens when we open the curtains! It’s all light. You can see everything!”
· You were really excited about your paediatrician appointment. When I asked you what you were hoping for, you replied: “Maybe he’ll say I can try Cheerios and ice cream cones!” Excited giggles followed.
· You have also been saying a few funny things:
· “I am cutting my bread with a shark knife.” (Sharp, hehe!)
· “Do you know why I like putting bogeys in my mouth? They’re sweet. Do you want one?”
· I made you the most delicious lemon and poppy seed muffins. You took a bite, spat it on the floor and exclaimed: “Yuck Mummy, it’s got lemon in! Can you make me chocolate cake now?”
· You are getting to grips with the tripod grip. It has been your target at preschool for a year and now you are rocking it!
· One Sunday morning, as you were giving me an early morning cuddle, I woke up feeling warm and sweaty. I had a weird sensation on my tummy, then I realised I was lying in a wet patch. I asked you, “Did you do a wee wee in the bed?”
You: “No, I did a wee wee in my pants!”
I got up straight away. It was just past 7 a.m., and I was as perky as I have felt in ages in the morning. Unheard of.
Your Daddy, his voice full of sleep: “Next time I need you up in a hurry, I know what to do.” Ha!
· You had your first haircut. I was petrified, but all is well, your beautiful curls are still here, albeit an inch shorter.
Beanie (6 years 2 months)
· Your teacher gave me a glowing report about you this week. You are a very popular member of the class who loves to help and is always being kind. You volunteer, you answer questions, you are always beautifully behaved and polite.
· You absolutely love exercising. Football, swimming and ballet are your three favourite things at the moment.
· I overheard you chatting to your brother: “Mummy is like the best mother ever! She likes sweets and we like sweets… and she loves chocolate.” I know, I know, being this good takes a lot of dedication, haha!
· Mornings are a nightmare. Getting you to get up and get dressed is like trying to give a cat a bath. Every single morning. You shout, you throw things around, you fight… and there was me thinking I wasn’t a morning person…
Crevette (8 years 4 months)
· You tried ice skating (on synthetic ice) for the first time at Willows Farm last month and you really loved it.
· You had man flu and said: ”I don’t want to have a cold. I wish I had a hot!”
You are so diplomatic. When you see that the girls are about to start arguing, you try to diffuse the situation by making them laugh.
· We went to the Première of Sing in London last week and you thought it was the best film ever. According to you, it is impossible not to love that film.
On the day we went to a sweet shop to plan a photo shoot, you declared: “You’ve got a great job, Maman!”