“Pancake time, kids!” Making my children happy is that simple… Whenever I say these three short words, I get promoted to “Best Mama ever!” and my 3-ingredient gluten-free vegan pancakes were a huge hit for snack a few weeks ago, so I’ve made them a couple more times since. It’s now safe to say they’ve become the snack they ask for when they get home from school. Better than biscuits or crisps, hey!
We’re all pancake addicts in our house and to be perfectly honest, if I announced tomorrow that all we’d be eating for a month would be pancakes, I don’t think they’d mind (neither would I!). Pancakes are incredibly versatile, you see. You can have the thin French sweet ones, or crêpes as we say back home. You can have buckwheat galettes for a savoury treat. You can go all American with fluffy pancakes. You can go gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan and every single time, I can guarantee that you’ll have a feast. Over the years, I’ve tried a lot of fillings, toppings and accompaniments and no two pancakes are the same!
To be perfectly honest, these 3-ingredient gluten-free vegan pancakes were just a bit of a “throw it all in the blender and hope for the best” kind of experiment the first time we made them, but they were so nice they actually made it to our snacking repertoire! All you need is almond milk (I tend to go for Rude Health Organic), self-raising ‘free from’ flour (I only ever buy the Free From Fairy flour as it’s the best blend) and frozen fruit cubes (the apple, apricot and peach Baby Cübes by Lickalix are absolutely perfect for this).
With no further ado, here is our recipe:
3-Ingredient Gluten-free Vegan Pancakes
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup self-raising ‘free from’ flour The Free From Fairy
- 5 apple apricot & peach Baby Cübes by Lickalix
- In a large bowl or blender, mix together the ‘free from’ flour, almond milk and melted fruit cubes.
- The batter should be thick, but if you fancy a thinner batter, you can add in more almond milk.
- Using kitchen towel, grease a large pan with a little sunflower oil. Place the pan on a high heat. When the pan is very hot, pour enough of the mixture with a ladle to form 4 small circles. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for a minute, until bubbles appear all over the surface of the pancakes.
- Flip the pancakes using a wooden spatula and cook for another minute.
- Enjoy warm with maple syrup, fresh fruit or a little jam.
Save me on Pinterest for later:
Disclosure: Lickalix sent us some Baby Cübes to try but I wasn’t compensated in any way for this blog post.