Happy New Year everyone! I have neglected this little space and completely switched off social media over the past few weeks and I am not sorry! Spending time with the little ones and resting was much needed and it was amazing to unwind, enjoy family, friends, food and watching rubbish TV. Bliss…
Wriggly (2 years 7 months)
· You look incredibly adorable with bunches on.
· You dress up every single day. One minute, you are a fairy princes, the next, you are Batgirl, then you turn into Father Christmas. At times, you are even wearing a princess dress on top of another costume. I love it!
· After a rocky start, you have now settled in at preschool. You love it so much that you always ask to stay and play after the initial excitement of seeing me when I pick you up. My favourite thing is ‘spying’ on you through the window before i pick you up. You look so grown up and confident!
· You are never cold. The second I look away, you take off your socks, and when we are out, you are always trying to take off your coat. It is freezing cold at the moment!
· You are the most mischievous toddler on the planet. If I leave you for 2 minutes and you go quiet, you are definitely up to some naughty trick like spooning all the sugar from one container to another, emptying a whole pack of wipes on the floor or ‘cleaning’ the sink (and flooding the whole kitchen).
· Your speech and accuracy are rather impressive for your age, but you still mispronounce a few words like “nayomaise!” (mayonnaise) or “Nike it!” (I don’t like it!). Crevette and I love that!
· You are such a cheeky monkey, even downright naughty at times. As soon as we tidy up of fold laundry, you love causing chaos. When annoyed, you also call us “stupid bum!” (copying your 6-year-old sister much?). I really have to get you to stop saying that, it’s so rude!
Jumpy (4 years 2 months)
· You are so full of love at the moment! You keep coming up to me and giving me cuddles and the best kisses ever!
· You also said cute things like, ”I wish I was you, Mama!”
“When I’m a grown up, I’ll work on my computer, or I’ll work at my school!”
· I love it when you say “comptuter” (computer). It reminds me that you are still little and learning to pronounce accurately.
· Your mark making is slowly but surely turning into letters. So far, you have managed to nail writing a good, clear capital A.
· You had a sleepover at your best friend’s house last week and it was lovely seeing the two of you playing beautifully, barely raising your voices and being two little angels.
· You love drawing at the moment and produce 10 to 15 drawings of rainbow or hearts everyday.
· Your colouring is very precise. You are very neat and completely focused when you colour pictures.
Beanie (6 years 3 months)
· You and I had a whole day to ourselves at the end of December, going to a sweet shop, eating together, travelling on the train, chatting a lot along the way and seeing a magical performance of the Nutcracker.
· You had such a great time with your cousins during the holidays. You spent a couple of days with two of them and had the time of your life!
· One Thursday afternoon, as I picked you up from football club, I was puzzled to see you were wearing one of your trainers on one foot and a school shoe on the other. You were quite cross with me as I’d only packed one of the trainers in your football kit but I just could not stop laughing. Bad, bad mum (but in my defence oh so funny!).
· When did you become clingy? You are very attached to me at the moment and the mere mention somebody other than me (your Dad, Poppy or auntie) might take you to school gets you in a state.
Crevette (8 years 5 months)
· You are a Minecraft addict. If I left you with my iPad all day, I am pretty sure you would go from YouTube tutorial to the app to another tutorial back to Minecraft, building hotels, schools, villages and swimming pools. Your tonton Mathieu (uncle) gave you a Minecraft jumper for Christmas, and you have taken it off so I could wash it!
· You were also given your tata (autie) Cé’s old Kindle, and although you love paper books, you have felt like a grown up reading from the device. So far, two books about Minecraft have been devoured as well as a novel.
· You are musical. This completely baffles me. Your Poppy (grandad) gave you an amazing keyboard for Christmas and I decided to attempt learning with you. You have had a few lessons at school already and as you tried to teach me a simple tune or two, I realised how naturally it all comes to you and how complicated and stressful I find it myself. You just ‘get’ it. You even had a go at your cousin’s drums during the holidays and you were pretty good. You have rhythm, little man!
Leave a Reply