Another month gone by, just like that. I absolutely love writing these little family updates, but they keep reminding me how quickly time goes and how fast my four beautiful children are growing!
Wriggly (3 years 1 month)
· You’re such a goofball. Seriously, you take ‘cheeky monkey’ to a whole new level!
· You are struggling with a couple of sounds at the moment. Flowers are “sla-wers” and shower is “sour.” It’s so sweet!
· You are now (mostly) nappy-free during the day but I chicken out when we have a long car journey or a day out in the pipeline.
· You are full of fun and mischief and you make me laugh so much!
· You have been sleeping much better at night (please let me not jinx it by saying this!).
· You’re such an early riser. I have no idea where you get that from… certainly not me!
· You have loved having your siblings at home every day for the past week. You’re really part of the gang, with your little personality and your loud voice.
Jumpy (4 years 9 months)
· You are such a happy, bubbly little girl.
· You have now left preschool. It was sad to wave goodbye to the staff in the purple room, but you will still see them next academic year when we pick Wriggly up from preschool.
· You have loved the induction sessions at your new school for September. I still can’t believe you’re off to Reception in September. Time just goes too quickly!
· Your school uniform is all ready and labelled. It is a tiny bit too large for you, but you’ll grow into it!
· You get impatient and when you want my attention, you can come across as a tad rude, poking me until I respond rather than waiting patiently for my conversation to end.
· You struggle to deal with conflict with your siblings and resort to crying or whining when you are not agreeing on something.
Beanie (6 years 10 months)
· I started using a reward system just like the one you have at school. Over the past couple of weeks, it has really had an impact on your outbursts and helped you control your fiery temper. Your mood swings are still here, but you are determined to move up the chart, not down and that’s a huge incentive for you to stay calm when you would normally go in a rage.
· You have really enjoyed your tennis lessons in the past five weeks.
Crevette (9 years old)
· You changed my life forever (and for the better!) 9 whole years ago. I can’t believe you are 9 years old!
· Your birthday party was meant to be a relaxed affair at the outdoor cinema, with picnic and beach games, but it started raining so much 10 minutes before everyone was due to arrive we cancelled our plans and invited everyone to come to our house. You all ran around the house, had a picnic on the decking, conducted a few Science experiments in the kitchen, played ‘hide and seek’ and watched Sing whilst eating sweets and popcorn.
· You’ve been really good at tennis, but despite a natural ability and fun sessions, you keep telling me you don’t like it. Not a sports fan here!
· You filmed a couple of Science experiment videos with your friend Polly. I am amazed at how confident you are in front of the camera.
· Pretty much every day since school finished, you have been wearing jeans, a cool T-shirt and your jacket. I love your style!