On Monday, my little man turned 10. I can’t believe I’ve been in charge of small humans for ten whole years… time flies when you’re having fun. Being Maman / Mummy / Mum / Muuuuum / Mother to my four is the best gift I’ve ever been given! Check what my little ones have been up to in the past couple of months.
Wriggly (4 years 1 month)
- You have more personality than most people I know!
- You’re full of fun, sheer happiness and sass with a pinch of crazy.
- You are always hungry, no matter how many times a day you eat or how much you get fed.
- You are 4 years old! It seems like yesterday I gave birth to you on the bathroom floor yet I don’t remember what life was like without you.
- You’re fascinated by babies. At playgroup, you’re always staying close when I’m holding one of the newborns. You love patting his head and you talk to him with surprising gentleness.
- When I asked you what you wanted for your birthday, you replied: “I want a magical rainbow unicorn that lights up, do rainbows and magical flying and doing lipstick and do everything I want to do.” OK… You might have to lower your expectations, little lady.
- One afternoon, as you were on the toilet and I was waiting to wipe your bottom, I started chatting to your brother who was in the next room and you declared, “Be quiet, I need peace now!”
- One morning, you said, out of the blue, “I don’t like spiders cause them creepy!”
Jumpy (5 years 9 months)
- “I know where the end of the world is. It’s near my school.” (You might have been talking about the end of the road!)
- You brush your teeth like a pro. You’re desperate to lose your first tooth and I told you the tooth fairy would only come if your teeth were clean!
- You’re my little dolly. You’re quiet like a mouse, graceful and always gentle.
- You’re keen to please and love making people around you happy.
- You always sit in the passenger seat in the car and you’re my little DJ. Your current favourite is The Yellow Submarine by The Beatles.
- We had a great day at the Allergy and Free From Show.
- You had a couple of food challenges. You failed the cashew challenge but passed the cooked egg one.
Beanie (7 years 10 months)
- You’re so sporty! I have no idea where you get it from, but it’s definitely not from your parents! If you could, you’d be running around all day, climbing, jumping or cycling.
- You’ve had another urology appointment. Since there has been no progress with your enuresis, your urologist suggested medication again, but we decided to go against it and let the hormones kick in by themselves.
- One day, as I was putting on my moisturiser, you declared: “You look beautiful. You don’t need to look in the mirror.”
- Before you left the infant school, your year group gave a performance and it was incredible. ‘Pirates vs. Mermaids’ was an impressive musical, full of laughter, singing, talent and great acting. You were one of the narrators and your confidence blew me away. I am so proud of you and couldn’t stop crying during the show.
Crevette (10 years old)
- You’re a kind, helpful, gentle soul and I am swelling with pride at the thought I am raising such a fine young man!
- You were awarded a Merit for your Level 1 guitar exam.
- You’re really keen to cook and when we went to Camp Bestival, you decided to make us a fry up. Soon you’ll be cooking our roast dinners!
- When I said you could come to the Allergy Show with my friend Rebecca and I, you couldn’t stop crying tears of joy.
- You are 10 years old! How is that even possible?