It is really starting to feel like spring is just around the corner. Moods are getting brighter, days are getting longer and clothes are getting lighter. It is my favourite time of the year!
Wriggly (9 months)
· You are getting better and better at communicating. When you want milk, you now make “nanana” sounds.
· You are finally starting to develop a taste for food. Phew! You much prefer feeding yourself than to get fed. Favourites include plain rice cakes, satsuma pieces, rusks and avocado.
· Your favourite part of playgroup is singing time. You get really animated as soon as the singing starts.
· You are on the move! One minute you are on your back cuddling a teddy, the next you are at the other end of the room. To start with, you could only crawl backwards but you quickly gained confidence.
· You have had your first few millilitres of milk in a bottle.
· You love balloons.
· You have said your first word: “Daddy”. You are so pleased with yourself you keep repeating it again and again.
· You can now sit unaided and you love playing with the Little People zoo your big brother was given for his first birthday.
Jumpy (2 years 4 months)
· You adore your baby sister and cuddle her (with great enthusiasm) all the time. We cannot leave you on your own with her as you keep trying to carry her.
· Twirling and dancing are two of your favourite things.
· We are really struggling with swimming at the moment. You are not enjoying it one bit.
· Whenever you think you might not get what you want, you throw yourself on the floor and scream. Nice!
· You speak more and more clearly but I still love your little mispronunciations like “smoomie” for smoothie, “mouk” for milk or “duddle” for cuddle.
Beanie (4 years 5 months)
· You were ‘Worker of the Week’ for the first time at preschool, and it made you incredibly proud!
· When do tantrums stop? Your ability to yell for long periods of time is rather impressive.
· We have only just managed to get you out of nappies at night.
· You got really angry at your shadow. Much stamping was involved. “I don’t want it to copy me. Make it go away!”
· You tend to add an [l] sound after an [f], coming up with words like “flinger” (finger), “flanks” (thanks).
· For World Book Day, you went to school dressed as Snow White.
· You have been under the weather for the past couple of days, with a temperature approaching 40 degrees. You are usually so strong and resilient; seeing you so fragile and vulnerable makes me want to cuddle you and protect you.
Crevette (6 years 7 months)
· You wanted to bake something one afternoon but we had nothing at home, so we made caramel lollies and you decorated them with sprinkles. They looked pretty, but tasted disgusting (burnt caramel, anyone?)
· You wanted to be part of the school council and wrote your pitch to the class. I loved helping you think about your strengths for the role and why you would want to do it. You did not get chosen but you are really proud to be in charge of registers for the half-term.
· We have been reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone together and you dressed as the eponymous character to go to school last Thursday.
· Your swimming abilities never cease to amaze me. You have been awarded the cup for ‘swimmer of the week’ again.
· The girls and I went to Bicester, and we came home with a cute Cath Kidston bag for Beanie.
· We had a fantastic day with friends at the Aquadrome in Rickmansworth.
· Crevette, Beanie, Wriggly and I had a great time in the West End on Chinese New Year, with a nice meal, trip to M&M’s world and private screening of Shaun the Sheep the Movie.
· I had a meeting at work and really enjoyed making an effort with my outfit and chatting with colleagues.
· I left Hubby in charge of our four little ones last Monday and went to a cookery class in London.
· I have felt a bit ‘blah’ in the past few days and I have no idea why. Cheer up, Mel!
· With the weather perking up, we have spent a lot more time outdoors. The little ones have loved looking for wild flowers, riding their bikes and scooters and running around with no coats on.