The past month has been incredibly busy (what month isn’t?), with lots happening at home with our loft conversion, our trip to Inverness and lots of work in general.
Wriggly (1 year 5 months)
· Your language is getting better and better and what used to be blabber is making more and more sense.
· You keep pointing at things and shouting, “dis!” (This)
· Hello is “Lello!”
· “Mine” must be your favourite word at he moment.
· You tend to give me very tight cuddles when your siblings are around.
· You enjoy pretending you are reading a “boop” (book).
· Peppa Pig is “Peppi!”
· You took your first steps in Liverpool. You started with three steps but we’re still not too keen then a few days later, we count count ten steps, then 16, and after that, you were really pleased with yourself and a lot more confident. There were a few high fives!
· You are still not a good sleeper (understatement of the century) and you are not yet ready to stop breastfeeding.
Jumpy (3 years old)
· We had a road trip between Liverpool and Inverness on your third birthday.
· You are becoming so thoughtful, forever asking us if we are OK, if we had a good night. You are getting more and more concerned with the way we are feeling: “Daddy, are you sad or happy?”
· You are really proud to go to pre-school. It is probably because it makes you feel like your older siblings.
· When I ask you to do something, you sometimes reply, “Just in a mimute!”
· During our holidays, your older siblings and you shared a huge bed (seriously, it could have fitted comfortably the six of us) at Perfect Manors.
· “Look, there a beer outside!” To you and me, it was deer grazing outside our log cabin at Eagle Brae.
· You are struggling to fall asleep at the moment, and as you have your daddy wrapped around your little finger, you have been allowed a couple of times a week to come downstairs and fall asleep on the sofa.
Beanie (5 years 1 month)
· You are only five but you already live your life to the full. Your confidence blows me away!
· You were so keen to bring things to school every single day to “show and tell” that you encouraged others to bring all sorts from home and it was nor manageable any more for your teacher. A new system had to be introduced: only one child brings things once a week now.
· Your first parent evening proved extremely positive. Apparently, you are “very, very, very, very popular.” Does the excessive use of “very” mean you are grating on your teacher, too? Only time will tell.
· You have been chosen to represent your school at an Arts competition between several local schools. Proud parents again!
Crevette (7 years 3 months)
· You are such a kind, thoughtful, gentle little man. I feel so lucky to be your mum!
· You typed the following on my iPad when I was driving on day and you spotted I had been recording your cute or funny sayings. It is not edited in any way. “I love being with my mum because she is fun and happy! And so kind and she is so easy and exiting all the time.we always have the best of times.mum is 24 years old when I love being with my mum. I just love my mum!” Aww,
· After four months with a wobbly tooth, it finally fell on Halloween. You now have a huge gap at the front!
· You absolutely loved our trip to Scotland and your favourite activity was zorbing on Loch Ness. You also fell in love with the swimming pool at Kingsmills Hotel and the treasure hunt at Urquhart castle really made you want to learn more about the history of the castle.
· The children and I had a fab play date in London.
· Hubby became a governor at Beanie’s school.
· We had a wonderful time with Nana in Liverpool and a great road trip to Inverness with Poppy.
· I fell in love with the Scottish Highlands. So did the rest of the family I think.
· We found Nessie!
· Two babies were born in the past few days: my friend Adeline’s third, a gorgeous little girl, and my brother’s first baby, my nephew I cannot wait to cuddle at Christmas.
Leave a Reply