Four months ago, our family of five became the family of six we are now. It is tough and exhausting at times, but I am grateful for the five people I have in my life.
Wriggly (4 months)
• You love ‘Bella le Lapin’ your tata Cé gave you. It is your first toy. You like holding it, turning it around and you look pleased with yourself when it makes noise as you are touching it.
• You coo and laugh every time I start singing or humming. They are the most uplifting sounds in the world!
• You are falling into your own little routine, sleeping soundly for seven or eight hours per night.
• You are constantly blowing raspberries.
• You laugh hysterically whenever I kiss your neck.
• You have had your first two baby massage sessions and you have been giggling all the way so far.
• You are starting to get some teething pain and you are dribbling profusely.
Jumpy (1 year 11 months)
• You love taking selfies on my phone saying, “oooh, belle!” (pretty). No self-confidence issues here!
• You are starting to form sentences, and are always wondering where people are. “Where my Daddy?” is the question you ask the most, all day every day. It is very sweet and often comes with a Gallic shrug, which I love.
• You have been ‘off your food’ in recent weeks. I hope your appetite comes back soon.
• You love bouncing up and down on beds.
• You keep stealing your sister’s scooter.
• You are gaining more and more independence and always insist on putting your shoes on yourself, but it seems you prefer wearing them the wrong way round.
• You are a Daddy addict!
• You are now telling us when you do a poo and you have asked to use the potty (pee) a few times.
Beanie (4 years)
• You are back at pre-school and you have been having a packed lunch every Wednesday.
• You really say the funniest things. One of your latest was: “I had a dream about fairies. The baddies didn’t eat the fairies!”
• You turned four, a couple of weeks ago and what a big girl you are!
• Your eczema is coming back with a vengeance.
• You have a new best friend at pre-school. You are inseparable and it is really sweet to hear your little conversations.
• You have a fiery personality and if you disagree with someone, they certainly hear about it!
• You have just started attending ballet classes, and you are in you element there.
• You won the trophy for ‘Best Swimmer’ last week-end, and you were really pleased with yourself!
Crevette (6 years 2 months)
• You have just started football club after school and even though you are not too keen, you scored a goal in the first session!
• You wanted to do some sewing with me, so we used some of your sister’s clothes that were too stained to give to charity to make a teddy.
• You are now swimming whole lengths with ease at the swimming pool.
• Tonight, you are off to see your first England game with your Daddy for his birthday.
• Wriggly and I went to Westminster to talk about Jumpy’s eczema and allergies at a conference for GPs.
• We have been back in our little routine, juggling school, playgroups, play dates, parties, after-school clubs and running from one place to the next most days.
• Beanie and I had a night away from the rest of the family when we went to a party at my friend Cé’s.
• We have just started raising money for Allergy UK.
Leave a Reply