We have had a wonderful month, between France and home, between holidays and exciting new school adventures.
Wriggly (1 year 3 months)
· You are more and more vocal. So far, I have not managed to decipher much of it, and when you get frustrated by my lack of understanding, you shout “Mama, Mama!” at me.
· You are quite the acrobat, climbing on the pushchair, abseiling down our bed, getting on the sofa.
· Wherever you go, your smiles and laughter directed at anyone and everyone generate happiness and start conversations. You really are the happiest baby I know and that makes me feel so happy myself. You are a ray of sunshine. Never lose that!
· You have just started tolerating a teeny bit of formula before bed. Weaning, anyone?
· Your sleeping at night is still quite horrendous. No comment.
· You had your first swimming lesson last Sunday and you loved every minute of it. So did I!
Jumpy (2 years 10 months)
· You are becoming quite funny and come up with loads of quirky stuff. My favourite so far has to be: “I just done a poo like a boat.”
· One evening, you took one of my books and started making up a story for your little sister: “Once a little time, there was a princess sleeping.”
· Whenever you get upset (or told off), you cry, “I want to go to Poppy’s house!” Your bond with your grandparents is really special.
· You came with me to Cambridge for my allergy testing and after my prick tests, you looked at my arm and winced, saying, “You hurt, mummy? I don’t want it, it hurts!”
· After a busy day running a round and playing with friends, you declared: “Dad, smell my feet!”
· “Hairbleeps” and “hairblicks” are your two interchangeable versions of “hairclips”.
· Your speech is getting clearer and clearer and you started saying “Harry Potter” properly. I miss “Halicocter!”
Beanie (4 years 11 months)
· Everything is “stupid” or “poo” at the moment. Very ladylike!
· When we were on holidays in France, you started putting your blankie in the fridge to make it really cold before bed.
· You declared, “I adore money” as your brother was counting his pennies (oh dear!).
· I love it when you say “flavrite” instead of “favourite.”
· You had a fight… Daddy took you to a soft play area and a big boy kept bothering you and Crevette. After some time trying to get away from the boy, he started getting physical. You pushed your brother to the side and started hitting back. I would never encourage you to initiate outbursts of violence, but I quietly admire your determination to protect yourself and your brother.
· “Mum, I wish I was a turtle! Turtles stay alive longer than people.”
· During a short drive to our friends’ house, you said all of a sudden: “I want to be a circus person when I grow up.”
Me: “What will you do?”
You: “I could put a ball on my nose.”
Me: “Like a seal?”
You: “Yeah!” Yet another great career option!
· You are not embracing your bilingual upbringing… “I don’t like French; its poop!” “It’s stupid, French!”
· A conversation we had a couple of days ago…
Beanie: “Maman, why are you putting make up on?”
Me: “Just to look less tired and a bit prettier.”
Beanie: “But Maman, you’re always pretty!”
That has to be the nicest thing you have ever said to me! Compliments do not come often with you, so allow me to treasure it forever my little lady.
· You have just started school and you were more than ready! So far, you have loved it all, and I rarely get a look back.
Crevette (7 years old)
· You are so happy in the sea, just like your Mamie. You love nothing more than jumping in the waves.
· Towards the end of the holidays, you and Beanie were sneaking downstairs really quietly in the mornings to make your own breakfast.
· You are so kind and generous it makes my heart swell with pride.
· You spent a couple of days with your godfather and auntie, staying at their house, fishing and driving a tractor. You had the time of your life!
· You lost your first front tooth. For some reason, it felt like a huge milestone for me.
· On her first day at school, Beanie asked you: “Will all school children look like that?”
To that, you answered: “No one will look as pretty as you!” (Heart. Melted)
· You are in Year 3. Year 3! You absolutely love your teacher and the increased independence given at Junior school.
· We met one of my old school friend and his family on holiday. We had not seen each other in 20 years yet it felt like we had been chatting the previous day!
· I had a 10 mile bike ride with Crevette. Beanie and Jumpy tagged along in the bike pram trolley thing (I am sure it has a more specific name than that but you get the gist).
· I had my hair and my nails done. Nice!
· I had some allergy testing at Addenbrooke’s hospital in Cambridge. Dr Nasser was just like an allergy detective. He was sharp, every one of his observations was spot on and it is now clear that I am allergic to dust mites, grass, shrubs and tree pollen. Who knew you could develop allergies in your thirties?
· I had a wonderful time at BlogStock, feeling inspired and delivering a session in the tipi.
· Cé and I attended a jam making course, and I am definitely going to send Hubby foraging for blackberries this weekend. I hope there are some left!
Leave a Reply