I love nothing more than a challenge, so when I was asked to create smoothie and ice cream recipes with hidden vegetables in, I did not hesitate for a second and put together this delicious Strawberry & Apricot Ice Cream.
The people challenging me to create a new recipe were none other than Vitamix. The first time I saw a Vitamix machine in action, I fell in love. How sad (possibly weird, too) does that make me sound? The live demonstration I saw convinced me to invest in a Pro 300. I had never spent that much money on kitchen equipment but I did not regret my purchase for one second.
As my first phone conversation with the lovely people at Vitamix was unfolding, I was already plotting to trick various family members by feeding them vegetables they hate. I decided to start with Hubby and Beanie. He cannot stand courgettes and she seems to wince at the sight of a carrot…
With no further ado, I bring you my delicious frozen fruit & raw veg ice cream.
No-Churn Ice Cream with no Added Sugar
- 1 peach
- 2 apricots
- 10 strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 baby courgette zucchini, whole
- 2 baby carrots skin on
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Wash the peach and apricot. Pat dry. Stone and chop them. Wash then hull the strawberries. Peel and slice the bananas.
- Place all fruit on a baking tray in the freezer. Alternatively, use a zip bag but you will have to separate the fruit later.
- When the fruit has had enough time to freeze, wash and dry the carrots and courgette (zucchini).
- Blend all fruit, together with the Greek yoghurt and raw vegetables.
- Eat straight away!
I have not been paid for this post. I just love Vitamix! I will soon be trying the Pro 750 though! That is the best compensation I could ever get!
Leave a Reply