Good evening! We had such a lovely dinner tonight. The children helped me put together a bit of a special dinner to celebrate the launch of Richmond chicken sausages. We had sausages (obviously!), creamy potato and sweet potato mash (my favourite mash recipe at the moment!), steamed Tenderstem broccoli and steamed fine beans tossed in melted butter and garlic.
Beanie helped me weigh the potatoes and she gave them a good rinse after I’d peeled them.
Crevette turned steamed fine beans into my nan’s favourite: green beans in garlic butter.
We had such a feast!
To be perfectly honest, when Richmond invited me to celebrate the launch of their brand new chicken sausages, I didn’t think I’d be impressed.
Did I think it was an odd concept to have chicken in a sausage? Yes.
Do I have an open mind? Yes. So I went.
The event, which took place in a lovely Soho kitchen, was a very relaxed affair, with a bunch of friendly bloggers and the bubbly Angellica Bell, 2017 Celebrity MasterChef winner.
Angellica treated us to a food demonstration with Richmond chef Mat Stephany. We also had a go ourselves at making Yorkshire puddings (first time for me) and delicious homemade baked beans.
When I first tried the chicken sausages, I was apprehensive. Although I didn’t want to be rude, I wasn’t planning to declare I liked something I wasn’t keen on. I was pleasantly surprised by the chicken sausages. They had a lovely consistency, nice flavours and with hindsight, they were actually lighter and much easier to digest than traditional sausages.
With no further ado, here is the recipe for our delicious dinner: Creamy Potato and Sweet Potato Mash, Greens & Richmond Chicken Sausages.
Creamy Potato and Sweet Potato Mash, Greens & Sausages
For the potato & sweet potato mash
- 8 Maris Piper potatoes 1.2 kg
- 1 large sweet potato 300g
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 150 ml semi-skimmed milk
- salt and pepper
- a sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg
- fresh parsley to garnish
For the green beans
- 100 g fine beans
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper
100g Tenderstem broccoli
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Peel and wash the potatoes and cut them into chunks.
- Add the potatoes and sweet potatoes to the pan and cook for about 15 mins or until soft.
- In the meantime, place the sausages on a baking tray in the middle of the oven (190ºC / gas mark 5) and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Steam the green beans for 5-7 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, then return to the pan. Add in the butter and the milk and mash using a potato masher until smooth and creamy. Season to taste, cover and set aside.
- Steam the Tenderstem broccoli for 3-5 minutes and sauté the green beans in the melted butter and garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Save me on Pinterest for later (the mash is out of this world!):
A few other bloggers have been trying chicken sausages too. Check out what they thought:
- Toad-in-the-hole with a healthy twist! by Irina at ‘Wave to Mummy’
- ‘Changing up the #NationsFavourites with Richmond chicken sausages‘ by Katy at ‘katykicker.com’
- ‘Love Sausages But Want a Healthier Option For Your Family?‘ by Kate at ‘Refined Prose’
- ‘Recreating the Nations Favourites with the new Richmond Chicken Sausages‘ by Maria at ‘Suburban Mum’
- ‘Celebrating The Launch of Richmond Chicken Sausages‘ by Cécile at ‘The Frenchie Mummy’
- ‘Learning To Make Yorkshire Puddings With Richmond Sausages‘ by Angela at ‘The Inspiration Edit’
- ‘Scandi Hot Dogs Using New Chicken Sausages from Richmond‘ by Nadia at ‘Scandi Mummy’
- ‘Chicken Sausages and Roasted Vegetable Traybake‘ by Jen at ‘Mum in the Madhouse’
- ‘Richmond Chicken Sausages – Sausages with a difference!‘ by Nath at ‘The Intolerant Gourmand’
- ‘Easy Family Chicken Sausage Pilaf‘ by Helen at ‘Casa Costello’
The lovely people at Richmond Sausages are giving away a £25 voucher!
How to enter the giveaway:
To enter, fill in the Gleam form below and leave a comment answering the following question: Which of your favourite sausage recipes would you make with new Richmond chicken sausages?
Entries are open until 11.59 p.m. GMT time on Sunday 27th May 2018. For full terms and conditions, check the Gleam form. Good luck!
Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by Richmond Sausages but all opinions and photos are my own. The chicken sausages are available in all major supermarkets.