After a difficult transition from exclusive breastfeeding to solids, Wriggly now enjoys food, thank goodness! She eats anything she can feed herself, but when it comes to purées, she prefers vegetables mixed with a bit of fruit.
This recipe was a bit of a happy accident. I simply tweaked a recipe from Annabel Karmel’s Quick & Easy Weaning cookbook. All you need is sweet potatoes, butternut squash, pears, olive oil and rosemary.
The smell coming from the roasted vegetables was incredible!
The purée was so delicious I could not stop eating it after I had blended it.
It would make a nice mash to go with white fish and green vegetables. I will definitely make it again for all of us!
Just one more photo before I share the recipe!
Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash, Pear & Rosemary Purée
- 300 g sweet potato 3 small ones
- 300 g butternut squash half a small one
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 ripe pears
- Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 6 (200 degrees Celsius / 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Peel and chop the vegetables. Put them in an ovenproof dish with the rosemary on top and brush with oil.
- Cover with foil and bake for half-an-hour.
- Peel, core and chop the pear. Add it to the vegetables and blend.
You can freeze portions of the purée for later.
If you enjoy my little blog, I would love a nomination for the Brilliance in Blogging awards in the following categories, or any other you might find relevant: Family, Food and/or Crafts (Photography would be pushing it, wouldn’t it?).
Leave a Reply