Home » Food Corner » Tasty Tuesdays

Tasty Tuesdays

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am delighted to host Tasty Tuesdays for my friend Vicki this week. Vicki’s blog, Honest Mum, is one of my favourite reads. It is full of family fun, flavoursome recipes and stunning photos. When I first met Vicky, it felt like I was catching up with a childhood friend I had not seen in years. She is fun, loud, confident and caring all at once. She is also generous with her time and is always happy to help ‘little’ bloggers like me.

If I remember well, I spotted the badge for Tasty Tuesdays before I even knew what a Linky was, in January last year. The first recipe I ever posted on Tasty Tuesdays is also one of my favourites, my easy crusty bread. I remember Vicki’s first ever comment on my blog. She was telling me she was so impressed with the bread that she got her dad to have a look at my post. I thought she was really sweet showing blog posts to her dad. A few weeks later, I realised that he was none other than award winning restaurateur George Psarias! It made a lot more sense, and I felt really flattered that Vicki’s dad had approved of my bread! If you have not tried it, get the three ingredients out (flour, yeast and salt) and have a go!

Over the past week, I have been busy in the kitchen, cooking staples like my favourite seeded loaf, our Thai-inspired chicken, pesto pasta and cereal bars. The children and I also made delicious strawberry ice cream. We tried creating soup recipes, not always successfully I have to admit. We also made a layered coffee and walnut cake for the first time. We tried the cake with my best friend tonight and I will definitely have to improve the recipe before I can share that one. The sponge was dry; the filling and icing overly sweet. Even I could not finish my slice… that says a lot!

I also made a couple of batches of cereal bars with the children, and took new photos for my popular no-bake cranberry and white chocolate bars. What do you think?

No Bake White Chocolate & Cranberry Cereal Bars

Enough ramblings… You can now link up your recipes and restaurants reviews, old, new and as many posts as you like! I cannot wait to read all your food-related posts and drool over everyone’s recipes.

This week, I have linked my latest post, a quick and healthy strawberry ice cream recipe, ready to eat in less than five minutes! As my Pinterest profile is getting closer and closer to one million followers, I wrote about my love affair with the social media platform. Read the post and get involved and be part of our exciting Food Blogging Community.

As always, if you fancy a RT, tweet your linked URL to @honestmummy

[inlinkz_linkup id=517035 mode=1]

55 Comments

1. nikkifrankhamilton
    21/04/2015 / 1:11 am

Thanks so much for having us, for hosting. I love that Vicki’s dad approved your bread recipe, although I cannot eat gluten my daughter is wanting to make bread, I am definitely going to check that out! I tried to get the code for the badge, but it says that right clicking is disabled. Going over to Vicki’s to grab it, just thought I would let you know. Thanks again!

21/04/2015 / 1:13 am

My pleasure, Nikki! Thanks for letting me know about the badge; I will sort it out now.

2. 21/04/2015 / 4:08 am

Thanks for hosting on behalf of Vicki! Will have to make those no bake bars – what a great addition they’ll be to my little guys lunches.

21/04/2015 / 8:26 am

They really are scrumptious. I love mine with a cup of herbal tea when everyone has gone to bed!

3. 21/04/2015 / 6:49 am

Love to see you hosting 100 blogs in a couple of days …You’re going to make tones of new beautiful blog discoveries 😀
    YIPPEE! …You have already visited my White Chocolate Lemon Rhubarb Fudge 😉

21/04/2015 / 8:21 am

Really looking forward to that! I am going to try and find the chocolate today. Where do you buy yours?

4. 21/04/2015 / 7:34 am

Thanks for hosting – I thought I would join in this week with one of my favourite Summer dishes that’s delicious and easy. Will be checking out your ice-cream recipe too.

21/04/2015 / 8:30 am

Thanks for joining in my lovely! Delicious and easy? That’s my kind of food!

5. 21/04/2015 / 7:34 am

These look utterly delicious darling as does your ice cream, thank you so much for hosting this (soon to be getting on the train). I remember your bread and showing my Dad and how impressed he was. So lucky to have you as a friend now, isn’t blogging wonderful. Speak soon x

21/04/2015 / 8:20 am

My pleasure, hun! I had no idea I would make friends through blogging; best hobby!

6. 21/04/2015 / 7:40 am

Lovely story about your first ever link up and Vicki’s Dad giving you the thumbs up for your bread!

21/04/2015 / 8:15 am

Thanks Ciara. I feel really honoured to be hosting #TastyTuesdays!

7. 21/04/2015 / 8:09 am

Thank you for hosting. Your new photograph looks yummy! I love white chocolate and cranberries, I add them to all sorts of things. Soups are very popular in this house too and good luck with your coffee and Walnut cake x

21/04/2015 / 8:25 am

I was so disappointed with the coffee and walnut cake. The recipe looked promising and I thought I was going for a safe recipe with one from a book Hubby bought me last year… clearly not!

• 21/04/2015 / 9:50 am

That happens to me too, you would think that if it’s published it’s been tested to the limits. Lorraine Pascal has a nice cupcake recipe in her lower fat book, that definitely works xx

25/04/2015 / 12:13 am

You’d think so, wouldn’t you? I will try and find someone who has the book so I can borrow it and try that recipe. Thanks for the tip!

8. 21/04/2015 / 8:46 am

Those cereal bars look absolutely amazing. Love the styling!!!! Thanks for hosting Tasty Tuesdays my lovely!!! It was a lovely surprise this morning to pop over. #tastytuesdays

25/04/2015 / 12:36 am

It’s been so much fun! I can’t wait to check all the recipes once I get my laptop back on Monday! x

9. 21/04/2015 / 11:16 am

Thanks for hosting Tasty Tuesday! Excited to try your strawberry ice-cream 🙂

25/04/2015 / 12:16 am

My pleasure! I always try to have at least a recipe each week to link with Vicki, and it is so much fun looking after her Linky this week.

22/04/2015 / 9:55 pm

My pleasure, Chantelle. We all love those cereal bars at home.

10. The Free From Fairy
    21/04/2015 / 11:58 am

Well done for hosting this week! I love all your recipes and of course all your photos!

21/04/2015 / 1:03 pm

Thanks sweetie x

11. 21/04/2015 / 12:20 pm

Those cereal bars look lovely, my son would lvoe them

21/04/2015 / 1:03 pm

Let me know if you ever make them Alison!

21/04/2015 / 1:03 pm

They are yummy and addictive, Eileen!

12. myrecipebookuk
    21/04/2015 / 2:28 pm

I hope you’re looking after Vicki’s linky properly 🙂 Looks as though you’re doing a great job so far x

22/04/2015 / 9:45 pm

Don’t jinx it, you silly lady!

• myrecipebookuk
        22/04/2015 / 9:50 pm

Sorry. I made the mistake of glancing through all the other comments before writing mine. I was going to say what a good job you’re doing, but that had already been said so I decided to go for something different. I’ll behave next time and just write something nice.

22/04/2015 / 9:57 pm

He he, there might not be a next time!

13. internationalelfservice
    21/04/2015 / 2:34 pm

Hi Mel, thank you so much for hosting – your recipes always look so amazing! x

22/04/2015 / 9:59 pm

Thanks lovely! It’s so much fun to host Tasty Tuesdays.

14. 21/04/2015 / 4:23 pm

Thanks for hosting this week! Sooo many yummy recipes, now if only I had a personal chef! 🙂

22/04/2015 / 9:45 pm

Tell me about it! Can you imagine giving them a list of what you want to eat and when you get home, it’s all being cooked…

15. 21/04/2015 / 4:23 pm

These look lovely Mel! Great job on hosting Tasty Tuesdays 🙂 I see you are going to Food Bloggers Connect, I’ve just decided to go too! It’ll be great to catch up with you xx

22/04/2015 / 9:44 pm

Until a couple of months ago, I had never heard of FBC, but it looks like a fab event; I can’t wait. It will be great to meet ‘for real’. x

16. Julie's Family Kitchen
    21/04/2015 / 4:27 pm

Thanks for hosting Mel, there’s lots of lovely looking recipes linked up already. I’ll be checking them out during the week. xx

22/04/2015 / 9:51 pm

Thanks Julie. Same here, I’m really looking forward to a good reading (drooling) session! We’ve made Steph’s fudge this evening. I love finding new recipes!

17. Joanna @mumbalance
    21/04/2015 / 8:07 pm

Linked up now, though I could not copy the badge or the code… I will link via html to your page 🙂
    Now I’m heading over to read the Pinterest post!
    thanks for hosting xx

22/04/2015 / 9:58 pm

Thanks for linking, lovely! I’m following you on Pinterest now. Great fun ideas for little ones on there! x

18. 21/04/2015 / 8:54 pm

Thanks for hosting! This is my first time linking up… and I can’t copy the badge!! Your site has no right-click protection. I’ll try and get it tater from Honest Mum 🙂 Thanks for the yummy recipe too!

22/04/2015 / 9:41 pm

I’m so sorry lovely. I did try enabling right-clicks, but failed miserably. If you click on the very beginning of the code, you can highlight it with shift + arrow down, then Ctrl+C.

19. 22/04/2015 / 12:38 am

Ooh funny that we have both done cranberry cereal recipes! Your bars look gorgeous and so much more generous than shop bought ones

20. 22/04/2015 / 10:51 am

Hello, Mel. Thank you so much for hosting Tasty Tuesdays this week. You have so many amazing treats for this week. 😀 The bread indeed looks so delicious and the no-bake bars sound so awesome. Have a lovely week. xx

22/04/2015 / 9:26 pm

My pleasure! We made fudge with the kids today… check Steph’s recipe (Misplaced Brit); she linked it to Tasty Tuesdays!

21. 22/04/2015 / 11:51 pm

Oh wow, I didn’t even know this linky existed till now. So many recipes, it’s brilliant! #MMWBH
    Sabrina x

23/04/2015 / 12:52 am

Vicki’s linky is brilliant for finding loads of mouth-watering recipes! Make sure you follow her; she rocks!