The first time I saw a Vitamix blender in action was also the day I bought my Pro 300 in December. I was with the girls, and as I was going to look at (pat) the Pro 300 for the tenth time that month, it so happened there was a live demonstration there.
Matt Stubbs, who was showing off the shiny machines, declared he was going to make three recipes for us. We had less than ten minutes to spare and I told him I did not need convincing: I wanted a Pro 300 and I was planning to buy one the following month.
As I was about to leave, the first recipe was already on the go, then the second, and the third. In less that 5 minutes, he had put together a green smoothie, strawberry ice cream and one of the best soups I have ever had.
What happened next? We ran to Crevette’s school, got back to John Lewis and bought the Pro 300. The kids were as excited as I was and kept begging me to make ice cream (it was early December).
The recipe I am sharing today is THAT soup, the Thai Ginger Soup with Cashews from the Vitamix demonstrator’s guide. It is to die for, and it takes less than 15 minutes between the time you get the veg out and the hot soup warming you up.
Thai Ginger Soup with Cashews - a Vitamix Recipe
- o 500 ml water
- o 1 carrot 100 g
- o 1 slice cabbage 100 g
- o 1 stick celery 100 g
- o 1 slice red pepper 20 g
- o 1 piece courgette 50 g
- o 1 spring onion 10 g, halved
- o 1 slice lemon 25 g, unpeeled
- o 1/2 garlic clove
- o 1 piece fresh ginger root 10 g, unpeeled
- o 1 slice chilli 5 g
- o 100 g cashews
- o 10 g fresh coriander
- o 5 ml honey
- o 1 vegetable stock cube
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 2.0-litre container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Win a Vitamix Pro 300, RRP £499
How to enter the giveaway:
Check the instructions in the form below. You can pick and choose a range of ways in which to enter. The only one you must click on to get into the draw is the one asking you to leave a blog post comment. You must also choose a warming recipe you would like to try from the Vitamix website and name it in the comments section.
Entries are open until 23.59 p.m. GMT time on 17 November 2015. Good luck!
– The prize will be supplied directly by Vitamix.
– The giveaway is open to UK residents over 18.
– I bought my own Vitamix Pro 300 and was gifted a Vitamix Pro 750. No payment was received. All opinions and photographs are my own.