Last month, Warren and Chris from Harvey Water Softeners came to show us the differences between hard and soft water (read about it here). After their visit, I could not wait for our water softener to be installed. A week later, Darren, plumber for Harvey Water Softener, arrived at our house as I was getting everyone ready for school, and he embraced the chaos.
After looking at the various options available for the location of our softener, we decided to have it under the sink. Within three hours, it was all fitted and we also had filtered water on tap: what a luxury! My old Brita filter has now been recycled and the convenience of having filtered water on tap is incredible!
Watch this little video to see what we think:
Just to sum it up, here are the reasons why I would not go back to hard water:
- No limescale
- Less cleaning (bye, bye limescale!)
- Less shower gel needed
- Going back to more natural soaps and cleaning products is much easier without limescale
- We now only need about ½ the detergent we used to use to clean our clothes
- Dishes are much cleaner in the dishwasher and the cloudiness on our glasses is starting to disappear
- No need to descale the kettle, washing machine or put salt in the dishwasher
- Lather in the bath (no soap scum!)
- Nice filtered drinking water on tap, great tea and coffee, with no floating limescale bits!
Disclosure: We live in a hard water area and we have teamed up with Harvey Water Softeners for 2016. We will bring you regular updates about what it is like to be a softened water family. We were gifted our water softener but all photos, videos and opinions (unless otherwise stated) are my own.