Life is so incredibly busy at the moment I rarely take a step back to just relax and be grateful for what I have.
My friend Louise, who blogs at Little Hearts Big Love, asked me to write about what makes me happy. I struggled to narrow it down, but here are the 50 things that came to mind when I was thinking of happiness, in no particular order:
1. My family
2. Long chats with friends about anything and everything over a cup of tea or a glass of wine
3. Cuddles with my little ones under a fluffy blanket
5. Laughing until tears stream down my face and my stomach hurts
6. Chocolates, ice cream and sweets
7. Hearing French being spoken where I least expect it, and pretending I do not speak a word of it
8. Having one-to-one time with each of my children
9. A mug of hot chocolate on a cold day
10. When all the laundry is done, ironed and put away; not that it ever happens!
11. Cooking a day ahead so it feels like dinner is ready-made, but we are still eating homemade food
12. Looking at family photos and videos
13. Noticing that my little ones are doing things they were not able to do the day before
14. Listening to my children’s gentle snoring
15. A lie-in
16. Reading my old diaries
17. Spying on my children’s cute (and sometimes surreal) conversations
18. Trying a new type of cheese
19. Starting a book and realising I will not be able to put it down for hours
20. A hot shower in the morning
21. Realising that my children are already better at certain things (swimming, dancing, drawing…) than I am
22. Taking photos of my little ones
23. Doing something for the first time
24. Travelling by train
25. Turning on the radio to find out one of my favourite tunes is playing
26. Feeling the warmth of the sun on my face
27. Having time to myself for a long bath
28. Taking my little monkeys on adventures
29. Hubby looking after me when I am sick (best nurse!)
30. Live music
31. Eating raspberries straight off the bush
32.That first sip of coffee in the morning
33. Going on my own blog to get the recipe I need… Gets me smiling every time!
34. Freshly washed bed linen
35. Feeling productive
36. Feeding my baby
37. Flowers popping out everywhere at the start of spring
38. Thoughtful presents (giving even more than receiving!)
39. Waking up just before the alarm goes off (rarely happens!)
40. A good bargain
43. Working in a clean, tidy environment
45. Learning a new skill
46. Finding out about new tricks that make my life easier and my cooking better
48. Cooking for hours and hours in my kitchen
49. When one of my children tells me something really cute. According to Crevette this evening, I kiss better than I cook.
50. Travelling to a place I have never been before
What makes you happy?
Let me know in the comments section, or write your own list of 50 happy things (consider yourself tagged!).